India and Germany on Thursday conducted bilateral consultation amid which both the countries mutually agreed to carry on with their engagement regarding the key issues, particularly about the UN agenda.
As per the statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, the discussion happened via the mode of video conferencing, wherein India and Germany had talked about several issues pertaining to the UN agenda.
Antje Leendertse, State Secretary for Germany headed the German delegation along with the officials representing International Order and the United Nations Desks of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the German Embassy at New Delhi.
The Indian delegation was led by T Shri Vikas Swarup, Secretary (West), with the officials from the UN and Europe West Divisions of MEA along with the Embassy of India in Berlin. The official statement read, “The Indian delegation briefed the German side on India’s priorities during its UNSC tenure. Both sides agreed to continue their engagement on key issues on the UN agenda.”
(with agency inputs)
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1