The Union Health Ministry revealed on Friday about the total count of the people identified positive with the new Covid-19 strain has risen to 114. The ministry stated that the situation is being closely monitored and proper advice and suggestions are being provided to the state.
The ministry revealed, “The total number of persons found infected with the new UK variant genome is 114.”
The Ministry stated that the people identified with the new Covid-19 strain were directed to be in single room isolation at the alloted Healthcare facilities issued by the state government accordingly. The close contacts of the isolated people have been directed to be strictly under home quarantine. Also, comprehensive contact-tracing has been worked up on for the families, co-passengers and any others who came in contact, further adding that genome sequencing is in-process.
The situation is constantly under review and the states are getting regular suggestions for enhanced surveillance, containment, testing and dispatching the samples directed to INSACOG labs.
Various countries such as Denmark, Australia, Sweden, Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Japan, Lebanon and Singapore have identified cases with the new UK strain.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1