During the farmer’s agitation along the Singhu border in New Delhi on Friday with the rising tension between the protesters and local residents, a police official was stabbed.
During the stone pelting between the farmers and the residents of the locality, the Delhi Police Station House Officer (SHO) of Alipur, Pradeep Paliwal was stabbed, when the residents were demanding the protesters to vacate the premises. A minimum of two people were injured, which also comprises of a police official.
To control the protesters and to end their violence, the Delhi Police took the call of firing several rounds of tear gas. The situation was tensed even after the stone pelting was stopped.
Farmers have been protesting from different parts of the country along the borders of New Delhi for over 2 months now demanding for the government to revoke the three controversial laws passed, when the agitation took a violent turn during the proposed tractor rally which was originally planned to a peaceful one.
The tractor rally invoked chaos and violence in several areas of New Delhi like Red Fort, ITO, intersection, Delhi-Meerut expressway, Nangloi, Sarai Kale Khan and parts of Central Delhi.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1