National Security Advisory (NSA) Ajit Doval will be attending the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) meet which is scheduled for next week in Dushanbe. The meeting to be held will have the in-person participation of all the NSAs representing the eight countries which are member states – Pakistan, India, Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikstan.
Pakistani NSA Moed Yusuf will be also participating in-person for the SCO meet.
Tajikistan is the chair of the SCO grouping, and took in-charge of the chairmanship at the SCO meet with Heads of the State Council held in November 2020.
Earlier, in September 2020, Doval stormed out from, which infringed the agenda of the gathering.
Indian External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Pakistani counterpart Shah mahmood Qureshi had participated in the Ninth Ministerial Conference of the “Heart of Asia” held on March 30 in Dushanbe. No individual meeting between the two of them took place.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19