Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagere Palike (BBMP) has introduced a 24*7 helpline to provide assistance over conducting the final rites of Covid-19 infected patients. BBMP launched the helpline number 8495998495 for the Covid-19 and non-Covid-19 victims and emphasized that cremation will be carried out without any charges for Covid-19 victims.
This comes at the time when private ambulance servicers were charging a hefty amount for bringing in the bodies. With the helpline, BBMP has also launched a Twitter handle – @BLRlastrite to provide assistance to the people for the last rites.
In a tweet, the helpline team posted, “The official 24×7 helpline of BBMP, for ANY help regarding the final rites for the deceased due to Covid-19 and non-Covid. Contact 8495998495 !” The helpline will be operated by 130 people working in two shifts.
“Our team is committed to assist a hassle-free and dignified last journey for the deceased. Please contact us on 8495998495 Whatsapp or call and tag @BLRlastrite for assistance,” the helpline team further tweeted.
The Times of India had reported that a man named Prasanna who manages and drives an ambulance-like van, was taken in custody by the police as he was charging extremely high prices. The police revealed that he was quite frequent at the crematoria throughout the city and tricked people to believe that government crematoriums are paid.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19