With Covid-19 positivity rates falling throughout Karnataka, the state government took a call to resume activities in a staggered manner, but, it will be only the case for a few districts, starting from June 14.
The Covid-19 lockdown will be the same for the districts of Chikmagalur, Shivamogga, Davangere, Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi, and Kodagu, and the remaining districts have been granted some restrictions.
The Covid-19 infections have taken a downward trend for Bengaluru Urban district. For other districts in which the lockdown has been extended, the positivity rate is more than 5 %.
Fresh guidelines with the new relaxations are:
- The new relaxations will be enforced from June 14 to June 21.
- All industries will be given the permit to operate with 50 percent staff, apart from the garment industries which have to function with 30 percent of the staff.
- Essential shops and street vendors will be allowed to operate from 6 am to 2 pm.
- The parks will be allowed to resume for a fixed timing from 5 am to 10 am.
- Auto and taxis will be permitted, with only 2 passengers at a time.
- Night curfew will be in place from 7 pm to 5 am.
- Weekend curfew will be implemented till further instructions from Friday 7 pm to 5 am on Monday morning.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19