To increase the testing for Covid-19 and seize the pace of the viral transmission, Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) will be launching a quicker option – mobile van testing. The vans will comprise mobile laboratories which can carry on 2,000 tests on a daily basis.
The testing figures can be increased to as high as 3,300 in a day. This would be critical for an airport having more than 40,000 employees and thousands of domestic travellers in spite of the pandemic restrictions. The mobile laboratories will give the results of the Covid-19 tests in 4 hours.
The Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) is in collaboration with Tata Medical & Diagnostics Ltd (TMD) for the vans, along with the testing partner Aster Lab. The project partners revealed the tests will be conducted at the government prices.
Regarding KIA, the mobile-van testing complements the [email protected], which is a 150-bed oxygenated Covid-19 treatment facility, just started functioning recently. It is located in the vicinity of the airport’s cargo terminals, and will cater to the public along with the employees of KIA.
For patients who want to be admitted to the facility, can contact the following nodal officers:
Dr Sanjay: 9538279991
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19