Bharat Biotech Chairman and Managing Director Dr Krishna Ella and Joint managing Director Suchitra Ella had a discussion meeting with Vice President Venkaiah Naidu at his residence in Hyderabad on Friday evening.
Amid their meeting, they had a discussion about the status of the vaccine which is being produced by Bharat Biotech which has collaborated with Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and National Institute of Virology and their plans to make it accessible and available in India and other countries of the world. This indigenous and inactive vaccine is being developed by Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech’s Bio-safety Level 3 bio-containment facility.
Amid the interaction, Venkaiah Naidu appreciated the collaboration between the ICMR and Bharat Biotech and emphasized on the importance of public-private partnership in putting forth the indigenous ‘world class product’.
Earlier, last month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Bharat Biotech for assessing the status of the Covaxin development.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1