India has vaccinated more than 323 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine as of Monday, June 28, when the Centre declared a Rs 6.28 lakh crore economic stimulus on further ramping of the facilities of healthcare, especially for children.
Alongside, the Serum Institute of India revealed it is having talks with the European Medicines Agency regarding the approval of Covishield sanctioned for EU’s Green pass, a document that will facilitate travel within and to the bloc.
Alongside, as of 7 pm on Wednesday, 328,554,011 vaccine doses were administered throughout the states and UTs of the country. Around, 4,801,465 doses were received by 18-45 age group right on the day, from which 2,863,823 were administered as the first dose and a count of 91,640 doses were given as the second dose. Overall, 87,567,172 individuals throughout the country have got the first dose and 1,994,410 have got the second dose after the start of phase 3 of the Covid-19 vaccination drive.
More than a million people have received the first dose in the age group of 18-45 for the states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
On Tuesday, India recorded 37,566 new cases and around 907 people succumbed to the deadly virus in the last 24 hours, as per the Union health and family welfare ministry.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19