Union Minister Piyush Goyal has promised Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel for reimbursement of food subsidies worth Rs 4,832 crores which is pending.
On Friday, Baghel had a meeting with Union Food and Public Distribution Minister and re-emphasized on his demand of raising the allowance amount of 24 lakh metric tonnes to be obtained under the central pool adhering to FCI to 40 lakh metric tonnes in the Kharif marketing year 2020-21.
He also appealed to the Union Minister for reimbursement of food subsidies pertaining to the year 2019-20 and 2020-21 which accounts to Rs 5214.97 crore.
The Chief Minister said, “In the interest of farmers of Chhattisgarh, the Centre should give permission for procurement of 40 lakh metric tonnes of rice in the Food Corporation of India at the earliest as 92 lakh metric tonnes of paddy have been procured from Rs 20.53 lakh farmers on the support price in Chhattisgarh in the Kharif marketing year 2020-21, as on 31 January 2021, under the decentralized procurement scheme.”
He further stated the Food Department has been permitted to have only 24 lakh metric tonnes of rice as per the Central pool for the Kharif year 2020-21.
Chhattisgarh Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey and Food Minister Amarjeet Bhagat were also present in the meeting with Bhupesh Baghel.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1