The Co-Win application, with its recent updated version where people will be able to register themselves for administering the vaccine will be accessible starting 9 am on March 1 when India enters the second phase of the vaccination drive, which will cover around 27 crore people. People who are in the category of 60 and above age group of senior citizens along with people who are above 45 and having co-morbidities will be able to access the application and register themselves.
Co-Win 2.0 is an upgraded version of the already existing application with which the first phase of vaccination proceeded where the healthcare workers registered. To work on the upgrade, the vaccination was put on a halt for Saturday and Sunday.
Procedure to register on Co-Win
- Co-Win can be accessed via three formats – The first is by cowin.gov.in the website and select the tab with self-registration, which will be live after the second phase is started, the second way is to access it via Aarogya Setu App and the third way is to download it from the Google play store.
- For those who donot have internet access, their spot registration will take place mandatory via the application.
- As the registration process is authenticated with government ID, an OTP is sent on the registered number.The application can allow registration of four family members.
- The application will later generate vaccination certificate.
Co-Win application will be made public to give access to people for registration for the first time since the drive began on January 16. Also, in the second phase, for the first time the vaccines will be subjected to administration even at private hospitals with an amount of Rs 250 to be paid per shot at the private hospitals, whose list has been declared by the government.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1