The count of the number of cases of the new variant of Covid-19 which is the UK, South Africa and Brazilian variants in the country stands at 242 currently, according to the government data released on Thursday.
Alongside, 17,407 new cases of Covid-19 have been recorded along with 89 deaths in the previous twenty four hours taking the total tally of the Covid-19 cases to 1,11,39516 which comprises of 1,08,26,075 recoveries and taking the overall death count to 1,57,435 deaths.
Maharashtra with the total cases of 83,556 has the highest number of cases in the country followed by Kerala with 46,288 cases.
In February, India had identified two novel variants of the virus – called N440 K and E484Q in Maharashtra and Kerala, said the Union Health Ministry. Dr VK Paul, Member (Health department), NITI Aayog said, “Two new variants– N440K and E484Q have been found in Maharashtra, Kerala and Telangana. However, it cannot be assured that these two new virus strains are responsible for the surge of fresh COVID-19 cases in these states.”
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1