Congress Karnataka unit President DK Shivkumar said he will extend his complete cooperation to Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) just before appearing for the disproportionate assets (DA) case on Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Shivkumar said, “On the day of my daughter’s engagement, CBI had come to issue me summons, as we were not available, so they waited and served it to me asking to appear on November 23, but as I had a pre-scheduled tour to Maski (where assembly bypoll is likely soon), I had requested for November 25.”
Addressing the reporters, he iterated his wish to pay his last respects to Ahmed Patel, but would do that after appearing before CBI.
He said, “…as I had told them (CBI) that I will appear, it will not be right to skip.I have always cooperated with officials, even with ED and Income Tax. Now I will also cooperate with CBI.”
When asked about CBI summons espite him being clear about sharing all the information, Shivkumar said he will not question the CBI’s style of working.
He said, “They (CBI) have a manual, they will go by it. I have gone through the manual…what will officials do? they go by the instructions given to them.”
Earlier, on October 5, the CBI investigated 14 locations in Karnataka, Delhi and Mumbai, at different locations which were linked with Shivkumar, where the officials have recovered Rs. 57 lakh and several documents related to property and bank statements.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1