A joint committee working for farmers and rights organizations has taken the call to block the state and national highways on Saturday as a move to protest against the harassment and oppression by the Centre.
Samyukta Horasata, in an official statement announced about the Karnataka farmers planning to go on a protest to maintain solidarity with the farmers from different parts of the country protesting in New Delhi. They will have two demands to revoke the three controversial farm laws passed by the Union Government and the new electricity bill.
The committee iterated that in a span of six months with the peaceful protests from farmers, the government had simply acted towards harassing them. The committee said, “On February 6, we will shut down all state and national highways from noon to 3 pm. There will also be protests in taluk and district headquarters.”
Representing the opinion of farmer leaders Kodihalli Chandrashekhar, G C Bayyareddy and Badagalapura Narendra and various others, the statement has termed the Nirmala Sitharaman;s Union Budget for 2021-22 as a budget that is against the farmers and totally supporting the corporate.
The statement further added that the Union Budget has neglected the demands of the farmers who have been protesting in New Delhi for fixation of a minimum support price (MSP) and have only taken the measures for rich people to get more benefited.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1