S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister on Saturday commented over the toolkit row and has put forth his worries about everything that will be unleashed post the ‘toolkit’ being tweeted by Sweden climate activist Greta Thunberg. Jaishankar said, “I think it has revealed a lot. We have to see what else comes out.”
He further iterated about a specific reason to be for the ministry to release a formal statement about the farmers protest getting the international attention, which the minister indicated it as neither responsible nor accurate. Jaishankar said, “You see there was a reason why the foreign ministry reacted to the statements which some celebrities gave out for whatever the reason on matters which obviously they didn’t know very much.”
With Rihanna’s tweet about the farmers’ agitation, international support was drawn in. Along with various tweets, Greta Thunberg had posted about a tweet having information about the guidelines to support the protest. A part of which was deleted and posted again, with an FIR filed against the khalistani links in the toolkit.
The Ministry of External Affairs has termed the tweets as rushed comments just a day after they got trending.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1