Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has formalized an agreement with Elbit Systems Electro-Optics Elop Ltd, Israel for the distribution of Digital Overhead Head-Up Display Systems (DOHS) amid the latest Aero India-2021 which concluded recently.
The Digital Overhead HUDs will be first a part of the manufacturing in the already existing unit of HAL’s division at Korwa and a committed unit will be augmented further in proportion to the volume of manufacturing.
The official statement said, “The HAL and Elbit Systems have envisaged a mutual cooperation to upgrade its technological base and acquire high-end technology on Digital Overhead HUD System which is primarily used in transport aircraft worldwide. The Digital Overhead HUD with modern optics provides sharp brightness, larger field of view and larger head motion box.”
HAL’s Korwa Division had been on an agreement of licensed Transfer of Technology with ELOP Electro-Optics Industries Ltd, Israel for establishing the D-level maintenance and manufacturing facility of CRT based HUD (front) for the year from 2000 – 2003 respectively. Over 500 HUDs have been distributed for several Indian platforms like Su-30MKI Jaguar and MiG-27M upgrade, the statement further added.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1