The imported doses of the Russian vaccine Sputnik V will be available for inoculation at the cost of ₹995.40 per dose in India while the price for the Sputnik V vaccine doses manufactured in India will be available at a lower and economical rate, as per the press release issued by pharmaceutical company Dr Reddy’s Laboratories. This price is inclusive of the GST , which is available at 5 per cent per dose, revealed the Indian manufacturing company.
According to the reports by PTI, the first dose of Sputnik V from the limited pilot launch of Sputnik V in the country was vaccinated in Hyderabad. Dr Reddy’s Laboratories stated, “ The first consignment of imported doses of the Sputnik V vaccine landed in India on May 1, and received regulatory clearance from the Central Drugs Laboratory, Kasauli, on May 13, 2021.”
Earlier, in April, Sputnik V was granted with the approval from the Drugs Controller General of India for emergency use authorization in the country. On Thursday, the MInistry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) declared that the vaccine would be placed in the market throughout the country from early next week.
Dr VK Paul, NITI Aayog member revealed amid a press meeting that the local production of Sputnik V will commence from July.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1