India recorded an overall 81,466 fresh cases of COVID-19 and 469 deaths related to the virus over a period of the last 24 hours, according to the data released on Friday by the Union Health Ministry.
The overall caseload of the country has reached to 1,23,03,131 and the death count of 469 has raised the total to 1,63,396. Currently, the active cases in the country account to 6,14,696.
Regarding the recovery count, on Thursday 50,356 people were discharged from the hospitals, with the total tally to be 1,15,25,039.
On Wednesday, around 11,13,966 samples have been tested for Covid- 19 and a total of 24,59,12,587 samples have been tested overall, according to the data given by the Indian Council of Medical research (ICMR).
From the reports of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, a count of 6,87,89, 138 have been vaccinated throughout the country as of now. And, starting from Thursday, the vaccination drive will be focusing on people above 45 years of age.
India had initiated the vaccination drive on January 16, with the target being the healthcare professionals and frontline workers and the second phase commenced on March 1 for the elderly aged above 60 years and for the above 45 group having comorbidities.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1