India has attained a significant figure in its current Covid-19 vaccination drive as the total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered crosses 20 crore mark, as per the data given by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
According to the data released at 07:00 am on May 26, 130th day of the vaccination drive, the ministry said that 20,06,62,456 doses comprising of 15,71,49,593 first doses along with 4,35,12,863 second doses have been administered.
The statement said, “India is the second country after the USA to achieve this coverage in just 130 days. The USA took 124 days to reach the 20 crore mark.”
The statement further added, “Additionally, as per the data available on Our World in Data and multipole news articles, other leading countries in Covid-19 vaccination drive include the UK which has reached 5.1 crore mark in 168 days, Brazil that reached 5.9 crore mark in 128 days, and Germany which has reached 4.5 crore mark in 149 days.”
According to the most recent data available from the Union Health Ministry, more than 34 per cent population above 45 years has been given a minimum of a single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine throughout the country as of now. Likewise, 42 per cent of the above 60 years population has been administered the first dose of the vaccine.
The liberalized and accelerated phase-3 strategy of the Covid-19 vaccination drive’s implementation was initiated on May 1, 2021.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19