External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will have a three-day visit to Kuwait as scheduled from June 9 -12, which marks his first trip to the country after taking charge as the union minister.
Sheikh Ahmed Naseer Al-Mohammad Al-Sabah, Foreign Minister and Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs invited Jaishankar, as quoted by an MEA release.
Amid his visit, he will conduct high-level meetings and also speak to the Indian community in Kuwait. Jaishankar will also be having a personal letter written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressing it to Amir of Kuwait.
MEA stated, “The year 2021-22 marks the 60th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Kuwait. Traditionally warm and close bilateral relationship between India and Kuwait is characterized by strong people-to-people connect. There are around one million Indians residing in Kuwait. India is amongst the largest trading partners of Kuwait and Kuwait is a major supplier of oil for India.”
In recent weeks, the Government of Kuwait has provided assistance to India with supply of Liquid Medical Oxygen to India to fight the second wave of Covid-19.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1