External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will be commencing on a two-day bilateral tour to Greece scheduled from Friday to have a dialogue with his Greek counterpart, as per the statement released by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
After the visit to Greece, Jaishankar will proceed towards Italy to participate in the G20 Ministerial meeting, according to the details given by MEA spokesperson Arindam Bagchi amid a weekly briefing.
Bagchi stated, “EAM Jaishankar will be leaving tomorrow for the visit to Greece and to Italy. In Greece, he is making a bilateral visit on June 25-26 to hold talks with Greece counterpart along with other engagement.”
Jaishankar’s visit to Greece marks the very first EAM-level visit to Greece in a span of 18 years, with the last one in 2003, said Bagchi.
He also added, “After Greece, EAM will travel to Italy to attend the G20 ministerial meetings. These related to ministerial meetings at foreign ministerial level as well as development ministerial level.”
The G20 meet is an inter-governmental forum that includes members as 19 countries along with the European Union. From december 2020, Italy has been in charge of the Presidency of G20
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19