Kannada actress Ragini Dwivedi has been granted bail by the Supreme Court for her involvement in the Sandalwood drugs case. A bench led by Justice RF Nariman mentioned that for this case, bail can be granted.
On November 3 last year, Ragini has applied for a Special Leave Petition (SLP) challenging the order issued by the Karnataka High Court, which was declined.
Ragini was detained by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) on September 4, for her alleged connection with an international drug peddler racket which indulged in supply of psychedelic drugs to customers at various parties and other events.
Ragini has been charged under provisions of the NDPS (Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic substances) Act and Indian Penal Code (IPC) Acts for her connection with the drug case. Ragini iterated that prosecution had framed her falsely for public attention and higher publicity.
She claimed hat she was imposed a custody of over 100 days without recovering any evidence or drugs from her.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1