Karnataka High Court on Wednesday issued an order for the state government to assure providing timely assistance and relief to the senior citizens who are in dire need during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Regarding the orders, Chief Justice Abhay Oka stated, “We direct the state government to issue circular to all district magistrates, of ensuring timely assistance and relief to the senior citizens in need of the present pandemic.”
The circular will be passed out as soon as possible.
The high court further stated that the state government even for the conditions when the pensioners who are unable to physically visit the respective offices and make physical compliances, all senior citizens who are thereby eligible will be paid their pensions.
Presently, India is observing a second wave of Covid-19 pandemic and have recorded over three lakh fresh cases in the period of last 24 hours, which is the highest ever since the start of the pandemic in 2020.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19