S L Dharme Gowda, 64-year old deputy chairperson of Karnataka Legislative Council was found lying dead in the vicinity of a railway track at Gunasagara baed in Kadur Taluk in the early hours of Tuesday morning. It has been anticipated that Gowda died by committing suicide.
Gowda had reportedly left from the Sakharayapattana farmhouse after 10 pm on Monday. After a few hours as he did not return home, his family members were looking for him and tracked him at a railway track between Gunasagara and Kabli with the dead body.
Dharme Gowda had instructed the driver of the car to park it near the railway track in Gunasagara and given the pretext of meeting someone. His mortal remnants were passed to a hospital in Shivamogga and directed for autopsy. Dharme Gowda is survived by his family which comprises of his wife Mamatha, children Saloni and Sonal and brother S L Bhoje Gowda who is also an MLC. Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa described the incident as ‘unfortunate’ and appreciated the MLC for efficiently conducting the legislative council being in-charge as the deputy chairman.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1