With the onset of the second phase of Covid-19 vaccination drive in the country, the second phase particularly targets senior citizens and above 45 with comorbidities, an overall count of 4,942 people have been been administered the shot, thereby taking the total tally of the state to 8.25 lakh, revealed the Karnataka Government.
From the 199 sessions conducted on Monday, a count of 2,264 people vaccinated were over 60 years of age and another 624 were in the age group of 45 – 60 years having comorbidities.
On January 16, the first phase of the Covid-19 vaccination drive had begun, which was for the inoculation of the healthcare workers and the frontline warriors of Covid-19.
Based on the reports and the data shared by the Health Department, Covishield vaccine was administered to above 60 and the ones with comorbidities.
The data revealed that the vaccination has been organized at a total of 82 session sites on Tuesday planning for the inoculation of 6,760 beneficiaries.
Among several beneficiaries include Infosys founder N R Narayanmurthy along with his wife Sudha Murthy and another co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1