With the beginning of registration of Covid-19 vaccine for everyone in the age group from 18 years and above at 4 pm on Wednesday, it is expected that the registration site cowin.gov.in will be having a huge rush, and slots will be booked out soon. The Centre, has appealed the masses to be patient and understanding and further said more appointment slots will be added and that if there is no availability for slots, it can be checked again after some time.
The third phase of Covid-19 vaccination drive will be commencing from May 1, which will be extending to everyone in the country above 18 years of age, unlike the previous two phases which had specification for healthcare professionals and frontline workers and for senior citizens and above 45 with co-morbidities. The vaccine makers have been given the permission to sell directly to state governments and private hospitals.
The registration will happen via online websites such as the Co-win website and also through applications like Aarogya Setu and Umang. With the declaration from government on an earlier basis about registration to commence from April 28, people started to register on Tuesday midnight, however on Wednesday morning, the window will be open at 4 pm.
The Centre further gave the clarification that the appointment will be allotted based on the available slots by the private vaccination centres along with state government hospitals.
Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech have openly announced about the market price of their vaccines and the state governments will be in the process of placing new orders.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19