The Union Cabinet on Wednesday formalized a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) along with the Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH), Kyoto University of Japan for academic and research cooperation and exchange.
As per the official released statement, the MoU which was signed in November 2020, shall facilitate NARL and RISH to proceed further with cooperation in areas of atmospheric science and technology, collaborative scientific experiments, campaigns and linked modelling studies using the research availability of RISH and NARL.
This MoU would promote mutual usage of several facilities which comprises of the Middle and Upper atmosphere (MU) radar in Shigaraki, Japan, the Equatorial Atmosphere Radar (EAR) which is based in Kototabang, Indonesia and complementary instruments provided by RISH, along with the Mesosphere – Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) radar along with complementary instruments given by NARL.
There has been extensive collaboration between NARL and RISH over the areas of atmospheric science and technology which also includes the exchange of scientists. This arrangement was made in 2008 via an MoU which was renewed in 2013.
In November 2020, a fresh MoU was formalized for promoting collaborative research according to the new guidelines on both the sides.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1