Prime Minister Narendra Modi has scheduled a virtual meeting with the chief ministers of all the states and Union territories on January 11 for discussion regarding the rollout of Covid-19 vaccines, as reported by news agency ANI. The Prime Minister will also have a talk based on the present scenario in the nation with the chief minister at 4 pm on Monday.
The meeting is scheduled at the time when Union Health Ministry had conducted a vaccination dry run throughout the country. The second dry run was scheduled on Friday by the Health Ministry to assess the states and Union territories in terms of their preparedness prior to the vaccine rollout. The first dry run was held on January 2 around 700 districts of the nation.
India’s expert panel has given an approval for two Covid-19 vaccines earlier this month which includes Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin and Serum Institute of India’s Covishield which has been developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University for emergency authorization. The government has released a priority list for the vaccines administration to the citizens of the country. Prime Minister has given the assurance of the nation that India will be completing the largest inoculation drive in the world and appreciated the scientists and manufacturers for the ‘Made in India’ vaccines prior to last week post the approval of the vaccines by the expert panel.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1