Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate ‘Statue of Peace’ in the Pali district of the state of Rajasthan by the mode of video conferencing to commemorate the 151st birthday of Jain monk Acharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Ji Maharaj.
According to an official statement, the statue of the Jain monk will be 151 inch tall and made up of “ashtadhatu” which signifies a blend of eight metals having copper as the key constituent. The statue will be installed at Vijay Vallabh Sadhna Kendra, Jetpura in Rajasthan.
The statement elaborated on the life of the saint, stating he lived during 1870 – 1954, a very austere life, and rendered selfless and dedicated service for spreading the message and teachings of Lord Mahavira.
The saint worked tirelessly to attain the welfare of the public, and pass on the message signifying the relevance of education and to evade away the the social evils and their barrier from the society. He was an avid poet, who wrote inspiring poets, essays and devotional hymns and stavans and extended his full support and cooperation in the freedom movement and swadeshi movement. The official statement added, with his driving force and constant motivation, over 50 prestigious educational institutions which comprises of schools, colleges, study centres are functioning in different parts of the country.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1