Prakash Javadekar, Information and Broadcasting Minister had a meeting with the representatives from the Over the Top (OTT) platforms on Thursday and iterated about giving a warm welcome to the new guidelines released by the Centre for the same.
Javadekar also said that OTT industry will collaborate with the ministry for making the platform a better experience for the audience.
Javadekar tweeted, “Had a fruitful meeting with representatives from OTT industry and explained the provisions of the OTT rules. All representatives have welcomed the new guidelines. The ministry and industry will partner together to make the OTT experience better for all audience.”
Though, not many intricate details were not released immediately.
On February 25, the government had published a notification pertaining to the new rules and regulations for OTT platforms and digital news media, which needs to be made public about the details and comprising of a grievance redressal mechanism structured.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19