Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) chief Sukhbir Singh Badal declared on Sunday about providing absolute support to the farmers’ organizations and associations who are protesting for revoking the farm laws.
Badal took to Twitter to express his support and appealed to his Punjabis for extending to support Bharat Bandh. He said, “For the last 11 days, farmers are protesting Delhi borders peacefully. They all are braving the cold. Farmers have decided to give a call for Bharat Bandh. I urge all Punjabis to extend their support to this on December 8. It is a fight of all Annadata in the country against the central government and I hope that government will accept our demands.”
He further added, “For the past three months, SAD and other parties are requesting the central government to withdraw the three black laws. They are knowingly delaying the repeal of these laws. Our workers will also work wholeheartedly to make this Bharat Bandh a complete success and ensure repeal of the anti-farmer agricultural laws.
Alongside, various political parties have extended their support to farmers, which includes Aam Aadmi Party, Congress, Trinamool Congress, Telangana Rashtra Samithi, Communist Party of India (Marxist), Revolutionary Socialist Party and All India Forward Bloc. The protests of the farmers have been ongoing since November 26 on different borders of the national capital.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1