Madhu Bangarappa, ex-MLA from JD(S) had announced on Thursday his decision to join the Congress Party mentioning about the rising scope with the new party for work and expressed his sentiments.
Putting an end to the rising rumors and talks, Madhu had a word with ex-chief minister Siddarmaiah and revealed his decision to join Congress. He told the reporters, “All our supporters had taken the decision. Hence, I am joining Congress today.”
Post the meeting with Siddaramaiah, Madhu stated the country and the state requires Congress Party. He stated that there is more scope of good work on his joining Congress Party and that his father also served as the chief minister of Karnataka representing Congress Party.
The leader said, “I have more scope to work here and express my feeling.”
Madhu said he had tried to convey his woes to veteran JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy on several occasions, but the same is not the reason for him to quit.
Kumaraswamy said Madhu’s move was much anticipated over past one year. He said, “Since the inception of JD(S) it had been the practice that whoever Deve Gowda had trusted, slew him,” indicating the habit of people towards backstabbing former supremo HD Deve Gowda.
Madhu had participated in 2018 by-poll elections Shivamogga which went unsuccessfully against BY Raghavendra, son of current chief minister Bs Yediyurappa.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1