Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday held a meeting to review the present situation of COVID-19 with the chief ministers and ministers of the Congress-led states via the mode of video conferencing.
Amid the meeting, Sonia Gandhi had a discussion about the attempts to fight COVID-19 which comprises of the availability of vaccines and accessibility to ventilators and medicines.
Congress spokesperson Randeep Sujrewala stated, “Congress President, Sonia Gandhi addresses a meeting of the Congress-ruled states and Congress ministers from our alliance States to review the efforts to fight COVID-19 which includes the availability of vaccines, access to medicines and ventilators. Priority is test, track and vaccinate.”
The meeting happened a day after Rahul Gandhi addressed a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealing him to extend the vaccination programme for everyone who requires it.
Alongside, India has recorded a single day spike of 1.45 lakh fresh cases recorded over the last 24 hours raising the overall caseload to 1,32,05,926, as per the Union Health Ministry, which is record breaking from the start of the pandemic.
The single day spike in Covid-19 cases surpassed the one-lakh mark for the fourth consecutive day. As per the ministry, the country registered 1,45,384 fresh cases of COVID-19 over the 24 hours. Around 9,80,75,160 people have been vaccinated against COVID-19 throughout the country.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1