United States out-going President Donald Trump has awarded Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Legion of Merit, a prestigious award giving top US honour to him for enhancing the India-US strategic partnership under his leadership, said the National Security Advisor, Robert C. O’ Brien.
On the behalf of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the awarded medal was received by Indian Ambassador, Taranjit Singh Sandhu.
Citing NSA Robert C. O’ Brien, the National security Council wrote on Twitter, “President @realDonaldTrump presented the Legion of Merit to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his leadership in elevating the U.S.-India strategic partnership. Ambassador @SandhuTaranjitS accepted the medal on behalf of Prime Minister Modi.”
It was on July 20, 1942 that the Congress established the Legion of Merit Medal, which is presented to US military members as well as the members of the foreign military or any political figures who have presented meritorious conduct amid their performances with regard to outstanding services and achievements. It was a very prestigious award, as a highest military medal which can be honoured to the foreign officers.
The Medal of Legion of Merit, is a white cross with five rays and red edges, resting on a green wreath have a blue core engraved with 13 stars in white shade.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1