The British Government has secured for additional 2 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Moderna and estimates that as many as 3. million people will be vaccinated, which was declared officially by the government.
According to the government release, as quoted by Alok Sharma, Business secretary said, “The UK was one of the first countries in Europe to sign a deal with Moderna, and I’m delighted we have been able to secure a further 2 million doses of their promising candidate for the British public.
As per the official statement, the new deal which was formalized on Sunday, adds up the total vaccine doses of Moderna to 7 million.
The British Government said on Sunday, “Following today’s deal, the UK now has access to enough doses of Moderna’s vaccine candidate for around 3.5 million people. Though as reported by government release, the approval is still pending for the Moderna vaccine from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
The British Government further said, “If it is approved, 7 million doses could start to be delivered to the UK as early as spring 2021 – the same time table as other countries in Europe.”
Overall, the UK has obtained 357 million doses for the Covid-19 vaccine from 7 different developers. Regarding the Moderna vaccine, it has proven to be 95 per cent effective and is presently under the phase-III clinical trials.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1