An aircraft carrying the consignment of 184 oxygen concentrators reached India from Ukraine on Monday morning, as the country is in the middle of the ongoing crisis of the Covid-19 second wave.
Arindam Bagchi, spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) tweeted, “Thank Ukraine for first shipment of 184 oxygen concentrators that arrived early this morning.”
Several countries have provided assistance to India in the worsening situation of the pandemic. The US, UK, Canada, Germany and France have extended support to India by sending oxygen concentrators, ventilators, raw materials for vaccine, PPE kits.
Alongside, India on Sunday reported the lowest single day cases of Covid-19 in 46 days with 1,65,553 cases and 3,460 fatalities in the last 24 hours, raising the total death count to 3,25,972.
The overall caseload of Covid-19 infection in the country has risen to 2,78,94,800 with a daily positivity rate extending to 8.02 percent, which is less than 10 per cent for six continuous days in a row.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1