Maldives Foreign Minister and elected President of the 76th United Nations General Assembly Abdulla Shahid has chosen India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN, Ambassador K Nagaraj Naidu as his Chef du Cabinet.
Shahid also selected Maldives diplomat Thilmeeza Hussain for the post of Special Envoy of the President of General Assembly (PGA). Shahid wrote on Twitter, “Today, I have appointed Ambassador Thilmeeza Hussain as Special Envoy of the PGA, and Ambassador Nagaraj Naidu Kumar as my Chef du Cabinet. They will be instrumental in delivering my vision for the #PresidencyofHope.”
Earlier, on Monday, Maldives emerged victorious for the election to the post of President for the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), amid the elections conducted at the UN headquarters in New York.
Abdulla Shahid had won the election with 143 votes from the overall 191 votes cast, according to a statement from Maldives foreign ministry.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19