As many as 10 bodies have been found, whereas it is anticipated that more than 100 labourers working at the Tapovan power project may be dead or missing, reveals ITBP Director General SS Prasad revealed to ANI post a glacier burst occurred in Uttarakhand on Sunday invoking a flash flood disaster.
Prasad added that ITBP team alloted at the disaster site is undergoing rescue operations. He said, “We are in touch with the management team of NTPC to gather information on missing people.”
An ITBP spokesperson revealed that the collapse of a minimum of three bridges in Reni village, which also includes one of the Border Roads Organization (BRO), the connectivity with the border posts has been restricted.
ITBP spokesperson Vivek Kumar Pandey stated in Delhi, “More than 100 labourers working at barrage and 50 plus working at a tunnel are feared dead or missing as per the site in-charge of Tapovan and the local administration. Three bodies have been recovered till now.”
He iterated that over 250 personnel have been involved in the rescue operations. He mentioned that around 16-17 have been safe inside the tunnel at Tapovan, and the teams were working on clearing debris, to save them.
The 16 of them have been reported to be rescued in the operations, according to sources.
(With agency inputs)
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1