The Farmer leaders post the meeting with the police officials from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana on Tuesday revealed about their decision of being firm on conducting the tractor rally on Republic Day. The senior police officials had recommended the leaders to reconsider their decision.
Another meeting is scheduled in the upcoming days. There would be a change in the planned rally said Darshan Pal, President of Krantikari Kisan Union. While talking to ANI, Darshan revealed, “We have told the officials that lakhs of tractors will be on the ring road as scheduled and have assured them that the rally will be a peaceful one. The police officials said they will think over it and another set of this particular meeting will be held in a day or two.”
The union leaders said the plan is yet to be finalized post which the tractors will be entering the city from six borders. They stated, “The police had their usual concerns and we have said that we will address all those concerns while remaining firm on what we have planned.”
Meanwhile the next round of talks between the farmers leaders and the government has been rescheduled for Wednesday at 2 pm by a day. So far, the talks between the Centre and the farmers have been inconclusive. Farmer leaders continue to demand repealing of the three controversial farm laws passed by the Centre.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1