Brazil has granted approval for the import of Covaxin manufactured in India by Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech with regulations, as informed by ANVISA on Friday.
The National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) of Brazil had last night given a green signal to import and use Covaxin. However, the approval has been given with stringent conditions for the use of Covid-19 vaccines in India.
The authorisation has asked for an amount of 4 million doses, which can be utilized only in certain conditions identified by the vergence. The call to approve Covaxin was taken at the 9th Extraordinary Public Meeting of the Collegiate Board.
Earlier, the Health Surveillance Agency had turned down the permission to import Covaxin. Brazil has also given approval to Russian vaccine Sputnik V.
The Russian manufacturer announced Sputnik V’s approval in Brazil on Twitter. The tweet stated, “Sputnik V will be used in Brazil following ANVISA’s approval. Brazil has become the 67th country in the world to authorize Sputnik V. The Sputnik V team fully answered all questions from ANVISA on the vaccine’s efficacy and safety.”
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19