The Central Crime Branch (CCB) investigators arrested ex-Mayor R Sampath Raj, an accused involved in the August 11 riots incident in DJ Halli and KG Halli riots on Monday late night. Sampath Raj was fleeing away for over a month, to escape arrests.
A CCB team headed by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ATC), Venugopal, arrested Sampath from his residence in Benson Town in North Bengaluru. Sandeep Patil, Joint Commissioner of Police (crime) gave the confirmation news about his arrest and iterated that further details will be revealed post interrogation.
Earlier, on November 7, Riyazuddin, an aide of Sampath was arrested with the charges of supporting his escape and giving him residential facilities. A senior official stated accused corporator Abdul Rasheed Zakir, was also hiding in the same farmhouse, located near Nagarahole.
The High Court had passed an order and directed the CCB investigators for doing all actions for arresting Sampath recently. Sometime ago, CCB had questioned a couple of times and also seized his mobile phone.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19