The state of Karnataka has registered 5,983 fresh cases of Covid-19 and 138 related fatalities as the caseload surges to 27,90,338 and the death toll goes to 33,434 as of Thursday. The day also marked 10,685 new recoveries, which makes the cumulative count of recoveries go up to 26,10,157.
From the fresh cases registered on Thursday, 1,209 were from Bengaluru Urban, after which Dakshina Kannada recorded the next highest single-day spike with 679 cases, Mysuru reported 596 cases, Hassan with 424 and Mandya with 309 cases.
On June 17, Karnataka had as many as 1,46,726 active cases of Covid-19, and the positivity rate of the day was at 3.77 % along with the case fatality rate (CFR) of 2.30 %.
Mysuru recorded the highest fatalities on Thursday with 26, following which Bengaluru recorded 17 deaths and Uttara Kannada had 11 and Davanagere recorded 9 deaths.
As of now, 3.22 crore samples of the state have been tested for Covid-19, from which 1,58,442 were tested on Thursday.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19