Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla has planned to have an official visit to Moscow scheduled for February 17-18, 2021, thereby accepting the invitation sent by Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Igor Morgulov, according to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Monday.
As per the statement, Shringla will be organizing the next round of India-Russia Foreign Office Consultations along with Deputy Foreign Minister Morgulov, amid which the two sides will be assessing the complete gamut of bilateral relations, comprising the upcoming high-level exchanges.
The MEA further said, “During the visit, Foreign Secretary will also meet Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov for an exchange of view on topical issues of regional and international importance. He will also deliver a speech on ‘India-Russia relations’ at the prestigious Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.”
Though the current situation of Covid-19 pandemic, India and Russia have maintained up with the momentum of the Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership amid both the countries.
The MEA added, “This year’s first visit abroad by the Foreign Secretary to Moscow signifies the importance India attaches to its close and friendly relations with the Russian Federation.”
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1