Haryana minister, Anil Vij tests positive for Coronavirus, sometime after he was administered Covaxin. The minister shared the news on Saturday via Twitter about his condition and that he has been hospitalized. The minister now affected with Covid-19 has been hospitalized to Civil Hospital Ambala Cantt Hospital.
He tweeted, “I have been tested Corona positive. I am admitted in Civil Hospital Ambala Cantt. All those who have come in close contact to me are advised to get themselves tested for corona.”
Earlier, in November, Vij had volunteered for participating in the clinical trials of Covaxin. He was administered Covaxin, indigenously developed by Bharat Biotech, for the third phase of its trials on November 20.
Covaxin is the Indian potential vaccine candidate produced by Bharat Biotech, a Hyderabad based company, who has collaborated with Indian Council of Medical Research. Covaxin had successfully passed the phase 1 and 2 clinical trials and presently stage 3 trials are going on.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19