With upcoming visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the capital city of Dhaka in the month of March, the temp of diplomatic engagements amid India and Bangladesh will be rising ahead of time.
This visit marks PM Modi first visit to a foreign country post the Covid-19 outbreak, though he has been an active participant at various bilateral and multilateral meetings in the virtual format.
The official announcement for the Dhaka visit is still pending, however, the visit may be scheduled for March 26 and March 27, as per the information revealed to media Meanwhile, the contours and agendas for the visit and subsequent meetings is ongoing.
Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla will be visiting Dhaka prior to PM Modi for the meeting with Bangladeshi counterpart AK Abdul Momen which has been scheduled for March 4.
India has given the highest preferences to Bangladesh over Covid-19 vaccine supply. Both PM Modi and Sheikh Hasina have a good rapport and friendship. For the Republic Day celebrations, Bangladeshi army contingent participated in it as both countries were conducting a round of events for commemorating the 50th Independence year for Bangladesh.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1