The Union Government on Tuesday revealed that additional private hospitals will be used for increasing the pace and coverage of Covid-19 vaccination in the upcoming days.
At a press briefing, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan was answering several queries where he said that from a count of 10,000 hospitals which will be utilized for vaccines administration, around 2,000 are private hospitals.
Bhushan stated, “Approximately 10,000 hospitals are being used for administering vaccines in a day. Out of these, 2,000 hospitals are private. This shows how essential is the private sector and it plays the role of a force multiplier which is acknowledge by the government. In the coming days, more private sector hospitals will be utilized to increase the vaccination coverage and speed.”
Bhushan mentioned that private sector is playing a key role for several health programmes initiated by the government.
Bhushan added, “Out of the 24,000 hospitals under the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojna which are providing cashless treatment, 11,000 hospitals are of private sector. From last two years private sector is involved. Similarly, the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is completely based on private sector except the dispensaries. More than 800 private hospitals are already a part of CGHS.”
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1