India on Monday expressed gratitude towards Qatar Airways for providing the facility of smooth transfer of a shipment of 1350 oxygen cylinders of British Oxygen Company which is an initiative to support India amid the crisis invoked by worsening situation of Covid-19 pandemic.
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi tweeted, “ Thank Qatar Airways for facilitating this shipment from the UK.”
Bagchi further added, “Grateful to British Oxygen Company for gift of another 1350 oxygen cylinders that arrived from the UK. This is part of their generous contribution of 5000 oxygen cylinders.”
On Sunday, the UK delivered a consignment consisting of a total count of 3 oxygen generators and 1,000 ventilators.
The British High Commission (BHC) stated the Indian Red Cross will aid in the transfer of aid to the hospitals. The High Commission said that priorly declared will be in addition to 200 ventilators and 495 oxygen concentrators, which the UK delivered in late April.
The latest assistance package has been sourced by the Department of Health and Social Care and the complete funding will be managed by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, according to the British High Commission.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1