India is working on production of about 300 million doses of the Russian Coronavirus vaccine candidate Sputnik V in 2021, according to the Head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), Kirill Dmitrev.
As per the reports of one of the News Agency, Dmitrev said, “In India, we have agreements with four large manufacturers… India will produce about 300 million doses or more of the vaccine for us next year,” in an interview with Rossiya 24 TV channel.
Further stated that Dmitrev noted that from the 110 production sites that proposed for production of Sputnik V, RDIF selected 10 from those as per their match with the requirement criterion.
Dmitrev further added, “The Russian Sputnik V will be actively produced in the world and we see that this is built on a safe platform based on the human adenovirus.”
The Russian embassy in India quoted the RDIF CEO, who said that Russia is testing the elementary samples of the potential vaccine candidate Sputnik V will be produced in India on Friday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin stated on Thursday that Sputnik V, which is the first approved Covid-19 vaccine in the world has proven to be 95 per cent effective.
Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) wrote on Twitter quoting Putin that as per some health specialists, the vaccines protection level may reach as high as 96-97 per cent.
Overall, nearly 75 million people have been infected with Coronavirus infection, as per the records of the John Hopkins University tallying the figures with its dashboard as 74,953,221 cases and total fatalities are 1,662,127 deaths.
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19