The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Saturday revealed that with 25,153 new infections in the last 24 hours, which has pushed the total Covi-19 caseload over 1 crore mark.
Meanwhile, the total number of active Covid19 cases in the country are 3,08,751 and the total number of recovered cases amount to 95,50,712, as stated by the Union Health Ministry and the total death toll of the country is 1,45,136.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) statement on Saturday, as many as 16,00,90,514 samples have been subjected to testing as of December 18 and 11,71,868 samples have been tested on Friday.
The health ministry iterated on the exponential rise of the recovery cases starting from 50,000 in May to as high as 95 lakh in December. The recoveries have exceed 30 times over the currently active cases (presently 3.14 per cent of the total cases). With this, India is performing with one of the highest recovery rates in the world with over 95 per cent rate.
The central government’s strategies with the ‘whole of the government approach’ has been about high recovery rate and low fatality rate on a sustained basis, said the health ministry.
Union Health Minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan said on Friday about health needs a holistic approach, and that the focus has to be equally divided among prevention as well as diagnosis and treatment. He said, “The government through its various programs is improving social determinants of health like sanitation, proper housing and providing clean cooking fuel which will aid in ending Tuberculosis.”
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1
- DGCA further extends the ban on international flights till July 31 due to Covid-19