Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa and Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri were a part of the inauguration ceremony of the 6.29 km extension of the green line metro from Yelachenahalli to Anjanapura by initiating a train from the Konanakunte metro station. The extension of the line will be operational for the public from Friday.
This is the initial of the Phase 2 works to be commissioned, post which the repeated delays happened after the construction commenced in 2016.
It is anticipated that Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) might commission the Mysore Road-Kengeri which is a 7.5 km extension line in the west till the end of June.
The complete project of Phase 2, is assumed to be completed by 2024 which is estimated at Rs 30,695 crore which is a metro network of 74 km.
During the ceremony, Yediyurappa also inaugurated a 73 metre long and 4 metre long foot over bridge across NH48 which will be providing safe access and connectivity for the Nagasandra metro station, the last stop on the green line. BMRCL also opened up the MG Road metro station for being used as afoot-over bridge.
- Melukote – Vairamudi Festival – 2022
- Bengaluru metro to function on weekdays, closed on weekends from July 1
- India provides reciprocal exemption of EU Digital COVID Certificate to include Covishield, Covaxin
- PM Modi will address the Digital India beneficiaries at 11 am tomorrow
- Pvt hospitals will obtain Covid vaccine doses via CoWIN starting from July 1